Friday, September 9, 2011

St. Anne Parish in Molo, Iloilo City

St. Anne Parish is also known as the Church of Women for 
it holds many women saints on its pillars inside the church.

This is a pulpit where the Spanish friars used to preach and give their sermons. 
It is no longer used today and remains to be an added attraction
to the church's rich culture and history.




Looking at that man at the opening, one can tell that the 
St. Anne Parish
in Molo is indeed very tall and huge.























Pedro Calungsod is the second Filipino saint after San Lorenzo Ruiz.
He was cannonized by Pope John Paul II on March 5, 2000. 


There were two funerals being catered by the church that day and so I couldn't take a full view of the church. On my way, I heard someone call my name. I turned around and I saw Tita Edna who was one of the many people sitting outside of the church, waiting for their turn inside. I asked how she was related to the deceased, and it surprised me that it was their janitor's funeral they were all attending. 

If I'm not mistaken, there were more than a hundred of them. I asked why there were so many of them. She said that all branches of Petron here in Iloilo took time to attend their co-worker's funeral, and I was like wow! They're very supportive of their co-workers and I really admire their management for taking the time to support each and every one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...