Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Interview Look: Forgetting the DOH Memorandum

My say on the termination of nurse volunteers and nursing volunteer programs, my interview look and many more…

Belle Maison white blouse; Limite dark blue high waisted slacks

The current status of the nursing profession here in the Philippines is making me fret and worry for my future. A memorandum issued by the Department of Health (DOH) regarding the termination of Nurse Volunteers and Nurse Training Programs in all DOH-retained hospitals caused alarm among registered nurses even before they get the chance of dreaming for a brighter future.


And yes, I am one of those thousands of nurses. I had previously worked as a volunteer nurse trainee at a government hospital and had to stop after a few months because that was all they required a nurse trainee— 3 months. Then, you have to rest for at least a month or two and wait for the next opening of the nurse training program.

I had long been thinking about proceeding to Medicine or Law, the only two acceptable courses I had in mind but I quit the thought thinking that my months [to even years] of constant volunteer will take me somewhere.  The memorandum had been issued August, 2011 and still then I did not think it would by all means be implemented although common sense would tell me that it has already been approved. However, my hopes were high and soaring until it was rampantly discussed in national tv stations, local newspapers and radio stations.


Then, like a piece of balloon run out of air, I shrank in my seat while listening to a local radio station discussing in depth the memorandum and its possible consequences. I had to somehow tell myself to give up my dreams for the meantime. Nursing will take me somewhere someday but after several years, maybe.

So I talked to my mom and told her about allowing me to look for a job and earn money and perhaps proceed to another profession. Much to my surprise, she approved and immediately the next day, we went to a nearby university to inquire on how to take the entrance exam.



I was very happy and informed my friend, who previously invited me to work for the meantime as an English teacher at a reputable Korean school that my mom approved of my working in the said establishment if only I passed their qualifying exam.

So the picture above explains why I’m looking at least a bit formal. By the way, I did not wear those black flats to my interview and exam at the said school. I brought along with me a pair of high heels which I took off after leaving the place because I knew there would be a lot of walking to do thereafter. I met up with close friends and chit chatted for a while until it was time to go.

Figlia black flats

I really had a good time today although I found the exam difficult. I felt my confidence drop to 1 from a scale of 1 to 10 [with 10 as the highest] because the exam involved technical terms about writing essays which I haven’t heard in my 14 years of studying as a student.


Nonetheless, I really had a good time and I hope I would make it! Also, I will be taking the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) maybe next week… So do pray for me.

By the way, bought these shoes at SM City at Figlia during the mall’s 3-day sale for my upcoming photoshoot. I’m getting giddy and pretty excited.


Lots of love,



3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...