Just last week we had to cook food for our guests, the Couples for Christ (CFC) of which my mom has been an active member for almost a decade now. We were stuck at home enjoying a not-so-busy day when we received a phone call saying that we had to be 'that' week's host because the couple assigned for that week could not cater to us due to some personal reasons.
My mom and I thought of easy dishes to prepare. One of which is that Creamy Carbonara you see on top. I will tell you how to easily cook this dish sweat-free! Haha. [Couldn't do that myself. The steam's pretty hot and so I get my self a bit sweaty in the middle of cooking.]
So here are the simple and easy to find ingredients:
- 12 strips bacon
- cooked ham (optional)
- 2 packs McCormick Carbonara Sauce Mix
- 1 cup fresh milk or 1 can evaporated milk
- 2 cans all-purpose cream
- 500 grams pasta
- Parmesan cheese (optional
|I cooked the bacons so that I don't need to worry about them |
being charred later on.
|This pasta is made of semolina wheat. |
Unlike other pastas made of flour, this is a whole lot healthier.
|I used evaporated milk instead of fresh milk and two cans|
of all-purpose cream which I no longer had the chance to take a picture of.
|This mix makes miracles! Haha. You don't need to laboriously make a carbonara sauce with all the spices and herbs because it's found in this single pack.|
|Onions. The kid that makes you teary eyed when eaten raw.|
|Garlic. I hate garlics! It's healthy [I know] but I just don't like the smell.|
I mince it when I include it when cooking so I don't get to taste it that much.
|So this is the sauce mix with all the milk and cream. Yum! Yum!|
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain when tender and set aside.
- Dissolve sauce mix packs in evaporated milk and all-purpose cream, Set aside.
- Saute garlic and onions.
- Add bacons and ham.
- Add evaporated milk, all-purpose cream and sauce mix mixture. Constantly stir and bring to a boil. Let it simmer for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in cooked pasta.
- Plate and garnish with Parmesan cheese or the cheese of your choice.
Well, there you go. Easy to prepare Creamy Carbonara!