Wednesday, November 9, 2011

For the First Time: La Carlota Church

This was a trip I had to La Carlota City, almost an hour’s travel from Bacolod City. We had this seminar in our La Carlota branch and before going back home to Iloilo, I asked if we could drop by the church for a short while.






















I really like taking pictures of churches. As I’ve said many times before in my previous and ‘very’ old posts, I really like looking at them. I find a sense of peace and tranquility I can’t explain.

The church at La Carlota [when I came inside] smelled very old and there were not so good odors maybe coming from birds’ poop. There were so many birds flying inside even though all doors were shut close except for the one I used to get in.


I saw this room which looked like heaven as I entered. I almost felt I was in some place safe and tranquil until I smelled an unpleasant odor. Maybe the church has not been maintained for a long time. Mind you, it’s not the smell of pee or canal. It’s just the smell you usually smell from rotting woods or antique items which may have been neglected for a long time.




Anyway, the trip to the church had been worth it. I haven’t read the plaque yet but I think I stood on one of the oldest churches in the Philippines. Maybe I shoud get a map, lay it over a corkboard and put pins on places I’ve been to in the country. Maybe that would motivate me even more to go to different places whenever I get the chance.




I really hope you enjoyed… Til next time.

1 comment:

  1. nice pics Chairien,

    I just wanted to visit your
    beautiful mind..

    you have super blog

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...