Thursday, January 12, 2012

Travel Series Part 1

As promised, here's my post about my trip to Cebu. This is officially entry number 1, entitled: Travel Series Part 1. Hahaha. I know. The title's not that enticing. However, you will find some photos interesting, they'd make you want to go and visit them as well.

As you may have noticed, I didn't use a plane to get to Cebu. Instead, I took a ship and if you want to know why, I'd be glad to tell you what really happened that day.

So there I was, looking for a cheaper ticket online. Rates were at Php 3,000+ to Php 5,000 and mind you it's just one way. I usually check airline tickets at Cebu Pacific because they can really help you save a lot of money without having to compromise your safety and comfort.

I remember having to pay only Php 761.00 for three (3) persons: me, my mom and papa. It was very cheap (for me) but I even heard cheaper rates from other persons who were able to avail of their Piso Fare. That's the promo that I actually used to book the 3 of us but turns out it wasn't really Php 3.00 flat. However, it's pretty cheap and very much affordable.

Since I'm always saving money because everything I spend comes from my pocket, I opted to take the ship.

Anyway, I give you my pics to relish and enjoy. 

There are two bridges used to connect Cebu and Mactan. The first one is the First Mandaue-Mactan Bridge and the second of course is... Well you know it, the Second Mandaue- Mactan Bridge.

Well, this one's the second bridge and I opted to take a shot of it since it's my first time to pass by this part of the sea since I was maybe 7 years old. The old one's pretty old and my cousins and I have grown tired of watching it and marveling the site of it every time we ride a ship to Cebu.

This bridge was actually built by wholly Filipino engineers. Pretty cool, huh?

One can see many yachts while passing along this area after the Mactan Bridge. It can be noted that many tourists stay in Cebu and buy homes, lands and even yachts because it's a little like Manila without having to spend to much on certain commodities.

Take a closer look at the picture and you'll see four (4) strips of land. They're actually resorts and I was really amazed when I saw it. There were huts and white houses. It looked so relaxing from afar.

And this is my shot of the entire length of the bridge. It was 7:00 am that time but it looked like it's headed to dusk.

This one's a picture of a fisherman. He's all alone unlike all the rest of the tiny boats with at least 2 fishermen in them. This picture reminds me of Aetas aged 4 to maybe 12 years old. They would ask you to drop a coin as alms and they'd swim after it while you watch them going deeper into the water.

This had been like a tradition to passengers going to Cebu but I know that the government does not approve of this, and so when I went there this time, I only saw boats with loads of net, fish and fishermen. The kids were no where to be found. I wonder what happened to them. 

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...