Saturday, August 10, 2013

Stop Comparing and Move Ahead


It's been a whirlwind trying to figure out what I wanted to do in life and the things that I've been doing now. I just feel so uneasy, so unsure. I don't know what's really missing but I'm sure I'm gonna find out soon.


I pretty much wanted to do two (2) things:
1. go to Law School [Yes, I really do. It frustrates me. Haha]

You can read this article to understand my story about going to law school:http://frommybeautifulmind.blogspot.com/2011/10/my-results-day-look-and-lot-about-law.html
2. work for a company that allowed me to wear colorful dresses and outfits once in a while [Yes. Like high heels, colorful tank tops and blazers. Name it and I wanna wear it!]

Perhaps, after having heard the things I had just said, you'd think I'm crazy.
But really? I'm not. It took me a couple of years to finally realize that that's all I wanna be. Marriage would then set in later. Hahaha.


I just know what I want and I want either of those 2 things first and then pursue the other.
However, much as I'd like to do number 1, I can't.

I can't due to some personal reasons, which-- if I reveal them here-- would make the other person involved seem like a villain in my heroic life.

Thus, I share to you this simple inspirational passage by Daniell Koepke:

"Stop comparing where you're at with where everyone else is. It doesn't move you farther ahead, improve your situation or help you find peace. It just feeds your shame, fuels your feelings of inadequacy and ultimately, it keeps you stuck. The reality is that there is no one correct path in life. Everyone has their own unique journey. A path that's right for someone else won't necessarily be a path that's right for you. And that's okay. Your journey isn't right or wrong, or good or bad.It's just different. Your life isn't meant to look like someone else's because you aren't like anyone else. You're a person all your own with a unique set of goals, obstacles, dreams and needs. So stop comparing and start living. You may not have ended up where you intended to go. But trust, that for once, you have ended up where you needed to be. Trust that you are in the right place at the right time. Trust that your life is enough. Trust that you are enough."


Have a nice day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...